Barbara's Simple Grilled Randall Lineback Chops
(SERVING SIZE: IT'S UP TO YOU!)
This recipe comes from one of our home cook foodie friends, who tells us “…the guests pronounced the chops the best they had ever eaten.” - Chops MUST be properly thawed, see under INFO, at top of page
1) Marinate chops (for as little as 30 min or as much as an hour) in olive oil mixed with a generous dose of rosemary, salt, and pepper. (click here for our "No Fail Marinade")
2) Heat grill to a medium-high flame (we are huge believers in the magic of the Big Green Egg and the glory of charcoal, but a gas grill will serve in a pinch as well). It’s hard to gauge heat on most charcoal grills—you want a solid sizzle, but don’t incinerate your chops at an outrageously high heat!
3) Cooking times will vary—we suggest starting with approximately 4 minutes per side, then check for doneness (if you're not sure how to do this, check out the tried and true “finger test” HERE). We like our chops closer to rare than to medium. Randall Lineback should not be overcooked.
4) Let chops rest for 5-10 (This is an important step! Don’t skip it!)
5) Serve with compound butter (click HERE for our recipe)