Lemon Herb Compound Butter
From the Food Network Kitchen and Food Network Magazine
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil or tarragon
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Thoroughly mix the softened butter with all above ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to solidify enough to shape.
3. Cut a piece of plastic wrap (or baking parchment) about 10 inches long
4. Place butter lengthwise (i.e. parallel to the cut edge) on the plastic wrap (or parchment) and form into a roughly oblong shape, leaving 1-2” of clean plastic wrap on either side.
5. Roll the plastic wrap or parchment over itself in order to shape butter into a cylindrical “log.” Twist the ends of the plastic wrap (like a wrapped candy)
6. Refrigerate until hardened. (This will take a minimum of a few hours, but we suggest 24 hours for optimum flavor)
7. Serve as you like— we like to cut our butter logs into small medallions, ¼- ½ inch thick, placing one on top of each serving of Randall Lineback.