Simple Pan-to-Oven London Broil
London Broil is extremely flavorful, but as a lean cut, it can go dry quickly. Follow these instructions to ensure a juicy and tender experience!
for this recipe, I used 2 of our small London Broils (1.25 lbs ea). simply increase the oven baking time for the larger (2.25lb) broils.
If desired, place your London Broils in a ziplock in the refrigerator with one of our suggested marinades (CLICK HERE FOR RECIPES). Let rest for 12-24 hours.
Compound Butter (optional)
2 London Broils (1.25 lbs ea) *as mentioned above, you can use our larger broils as well, simply increase the time in the oven.
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Take your London Broils out of the refrigerator, pat dry, crack with a generous dose of salt and pepper, and let come to room temperature (at least 1 hr).
2. If you chose to use a marinade, skip the extra salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 200˚F.
4. In an oven-safe pan or skillet, heat butter until foaming on medium high heat.
5. Sear London Broils for 2.5-3 minutes— for an even sear, it helps to weigh them down with either another pan or a bacon press.
6. Flip and repeat, searing the other side for 2.5-3 minutes.
7. Remove pan from heat and place in preheated oven.
7. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until a thermometer reads your desired doneness (medium rare or 132˚, which is shown in the photo above, should be reached at about minute 17-18)
8. Remove London Broils from heat, place a couple of patties of compound butter on top (optional), tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes (this is very important- you must let them reabsorb their juices).
9. Slice thinly and across the grain.
10. Serve with additional compound butter (optional).