The Truffle Ambassador's Reverse Sear Randall Rib Roast
Shared with us by George Kao, truffle ambassador for Urbani Truffles
The rich, intense flavor of Randall Lineback is going to turn your world upside-down, so why not flip the cooking script?
1 Randall Lineback Rib Roast
Salt, Pepper, 3 cloves pressed Garlic, your choice of herbs (dried or fresh- the more the better)
…or a Dry Rub of your choice
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
1. Gradually thaw Randall Rib Roast in the fridge (this will take 2-3 days).
2. The night before cooking, rub with generous amounts of cracked salt and pepper, crushed garlic, and any herbs you like (we love rosemary, thyme, marjoram, etc.). Alternatively, you can use a high quality rub. Let rest in fridge overnight.
3. Remove roast from fridge and bring to room temperature (this will take 4 hours or more). Rub with very light coating of olive oil.
4. Preheat oven to 275˚F.
5. For medium rare, cook roast, meat side down, for 90 min (increase time if you prefer a more “done” roast, but beware the toughness that comes with overcooking grass fed beef!).
6. Remove roast. Increase the oven temp to 500˚F. Flip roast to meat side up and return to oven. (**See below for an alternative method using the grill...)
7. Cook at high heat for 8 min for a charred sear.
8. Remove from oven, let rest for 15 minutes.
9. Slice to serve.
10. Serve with porcini cream sauce (if that’s not your style, at Chapel Hill Farm, we love to use Chimichurri (click here), Rosemary Compound Butter (click here), or Lemon Herb Compound Butter (click here).
**...or... if you're dying to use your grill for a hot second...
6. Start your grill and get it to a very high heat (500˚+ F).
7. Remove roast from oven, sear on closed, hot grill for 8 minutes for a charred sear.
8-10. Follow steps above