Randall Lineback Scallopine Saltimbocca
1 lb Randall Lineback Scallopine - MUST be properly thawed, see under INFO, at top of page. This is a highly flavorful muscle that works hard if the animal is unconfined, and runs outdoors on pasture. The Randall Linebacks are 100% pasture-raised. So, our Scallopini is lean and flavorful. Scallopine must be BOLDLY hammered for tenderness. This is standard procedure in Europe.
2 cups Sifted all purpose flour
10 - 12 Slices of Prosciutto
20 Fresh sage leaves (may use dried leaves if needed)
Salt & pepper
1) Pat scallopine dry with paper towel.
2) Lay roughly 4 sage leaves across each slice of scallopine.
3) Cover with prosciutto slices and season with salt and pepper.
4) Pound vigorously with a meat mallet.
5) Dredge in sifted flour, shake off any excess.
6) Heat olive oil in nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
7) Place flour covered scallopine in frying pan, prosciutto side down, and cook for roughly 1 minute or when juice begins to rise from meat.
8) Turn the scallopine over and cook for about 30 seconds, or until lightly brown.
9) Transfer meat to a plate lined with paper towel
10) Repeat with more olive oil for remaining slices of scallopine.
11) Serve with Linguine, or your favorite side dish.