Great Tomato Sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup of chopped onions
2 garlic cloves minced
2 fresh summer tomatoes peeled and diced, or a 14.5 ounce can of Italian tomatoes
1 Tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
1 pinch crushed red pepper
1 sprig fresh thyme
1) In a saucepan, heat olive oil to medium low heat
2) Add onion, garlic, and pinch of salt; cook on low heat stirring occasionally keeping onions from getting colored. Onions should be translucent. This process will take approximately 12-15 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and cool completely.
4) Add peeled and diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, and a sprig of thyme. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Bring it to a slow simmer, add a pinch of crushed red pepper, and stir uncovered for about 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
5) Remove thyme before serving.